Summer is the time for fun! At Camp Paivika, we know that having disabilities never gets in the way of both children and adults having fun at summer camp! A typical day in the Camp Paivika Summer Program is full of exciting activities for everyone!
· Fenced in, heated pool with 2 shallow ends and wheelchair ramp.
· Supervised by American Red Cross Certified lifeguards.
· Non-instructional program.
· One-on-one, in-pool support is available for campers who need it.
· Experienced gentle horses led and walked by trained staff.
· Riders protected by helmets and safety belt and supported on either side by staff.
· Inclusive program accommodates non-ambulatory campers requiring extra support.
· Those who are unable or prefer not to ride can still safely pet, feed and groom horses in modified corral areas.
Adaptive Sports and Recreation
· Designed to improve physical coordination and strength: archery, baseball, bowling, obstacle courses, broom hockey and Frisbee golf.
· Designed to enhance concentration and promote socialization: Bingo, board games, card games.
· Activities adapted for accessibility and for different age groups according to ability levels.
Creative Arts and Crafts
· Tie-dye and beading projects, ceramics, painting and other traditional camp crafts.
· Campers explore their artistic side and experience a sense of accomplishment with activities encouraging self-expression and hand-eye coordination.
· Creative movement, acting games and music making.
· Staged musicals are performed in outdoor amphitheater with entire camp in attendance.
· Grand finale of each session is the camp talent show where campers have the opportunity to share their talents on stage!
· Games and crafts incorporate elements of the beautiful surrounding mountain and forest environment.
· Guided hikes on safe trails accessible for wheelchair users.
· Explored themes of wildlife, trees and conservation give campers a deeper appreciation for nature.
· Brings full camp together.
· Activities include campfires, Game Show Night, carnivals, dances, karaoke, scavenger hunts for children, and casino nights for adults.
· Trips to nearby Lake Gregory (adults only).
· Overnight forest campouts under the stars (adults only).
Please check out our Camp Paivika website to see more about our summer programs, beautiful facilities, and caring staff!
Camp Paivika creates transformational life experiences for children and adults with disabilities and their families.